Tuesday 8 April 2014

The perfect summer lipstick


                                                             




I had been on the look-out for the most perfect, dreamy orangey lipstick for summer for quite a while. I was contemplating MAC Morange, but wasn't sure whether I could really pull off a colour as bold as that. However, on a recent trip to visit my lovely best friend in Bristol, we popped into Topshop and of course I was drawn to their glorious makeup counter. After swatching a few lipsticks, I found Ditsy (£8), a gorgeous coral colour in a creamy formula. It definitely has an underlying orange tone to it, but it's not something so daring/bold as Morange. I did the classic holding up the swatch to my face to ask my friend if it suited my skin tone, and she said it did, so I gave in and bought it! I've only ever had one Topshop lipstick before this, but it is one of my favourites, and the formula is good, so I had no reservations on that side on the product. I tried it on the next day and fell in love. I find that depending on the lighting, it can sometimes look more pinky-coral, and sometimes more orange. Either way, I just love the colour of it.
I think the actual formula of the lipstick may be different to Beguiled, the first Topshop lipstick I owned. Ditsy seems much more creamy and smooth. The description on the website says that it has a matte finish, which it definitely does after a bit of wear. This makes me happy as I do generally prefer matte finishes for lipsticks. Also, I know that it is definitely not summer yet, but the weather where I live is starting to be rather beautiful, so I've been choosing this colour to make myself feel a bit more summery lately. As you can see in one of the photos, the colour actually matches my skirt almost exactly. I can tell that throughout spring and summer it will be a staple in my makeup bag. I am still quite tempted to buy Morange, now that I feel like it may actually suit me!





Hope you enjoyed!
X

P.S. Excuse some of the silly faces. I previously took about 20 selfies for this post before realising that I had lipstick on my nose, so I got bored of doing the same face when I re-took them.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11607413/?claim=jduwtm2nm5p">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment