Sunday 2 March 2014

Pink velvet


Crop top - Topshop (similar)
Skirt - River Island (last season)
Boots - River Island (similar)
Bag - Primark
Jacket - Topshop
Lipstick - Rimmel Moisture Renew in Vintage Pink
Necklace - eBay







I hadn't even planned to photograph this outfit, but I got back from uni and thought that I looked slightly presentable, and decided that I would take advantage of the situation. I have been wearing this jacket almost every day recently, now that the sun has decided to make a few more appearances than normal, and we're (hopefully!) coming into more spring-like weather. My pink winter coat has gone away for a bit, and this jacket has been seeing me through almost every outfit I wear - with the exception of leather skirts/trousers, no one wants leather on leather - and despite owning two other leather jackets, this is the only one I've been going for. Although I love it for the cold months, I can't wait to remove the fur collar and wear the jacket for evenings out in the summer time.
Now that I've properly looked at these photos, a part of me kind of hates the clash of the cream bag with my skirt, but hey ho, at least I'll learn something from doing these posts. I am pretty limited bag-wise anyway.
However, something I do always love is a pop of pink with an (almost) all black outfit. I picked this skirt up in the sale last year, because I absolutely cannot ever resist a bit of velvet. I have to say that the sizing is a bit off - it is a size 6, which normally would fit me perfectly in a skirt like this, but it is a bit too big on the waist, and I've also noticed that the elastic is doing that twisty annoying thing. But it was only £10, and I have had quite a lot of wear out of it, so I can't really complain! The boots were also a January sales purchase - I seriously sound like such a cheapskate, but I am just a poor student - for only £25, which I was very peased with. I had been eyeing up lots of brands' versions of these monochrome style boots, but wasn't sure. These are pretty much perfect - they give some height, but not too much that they look fussy for everyday-wear. I can never have enough pairs of winter ankle boots. Also, I have worn them lots and the white soles aren't even looking that dirty yet! Score.

A big thank you to lovely Sian for taking these photos <3



I kind of love how the wind has blown my skirt out to look all full and lovely. Also, excuse the hole on my knee. I cannot stress how difficult it is for me to find a pair of tights in my drawer that do not have any holes in these days.


A little giggly one.

Hope you enjoyed!
X

No comments:

Post a Comment